Back to top Other
Steak and Egg Hash Pan
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/390°F.
- Lightly coat the ribeye steaks in olive oil, generously season with salt and black pepper and sprinkle over smoked paprika.
- Heat a splash of olive oil and a knob of butter in an ovenproof skillet/pan over a medium-high heat and cook the steaks to your preference (see cooking guideline above).
- Remove the steaks from the pan and place on a board, tent with tinfoil and allow the meat to rest until needed.
- Add the potatoes to the same pan (adding more oil and butter if necessary) and sauté on a medium heat for about 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the onions, red pepper and garlic and cook until soft and translucent.
- Using a spoon, move the potatoes to make wells for the eggs and crack an egg into each space.
- Place the skillet pan into the pre-heated oven and cook the eggs to your liking (soft eggs with runny yolks are recommended).
- Slice the rested steak into slivers and add to the pan for the last minute of cooking time to heat through.
- Garnish the steak and egg hash with fresh chopped parsley and serve with toast.