RUMP STEAK STRIPS WITH APPLE & RED ONION SALSA, AND AVOCADO & ORANGE SALAD
For the Steak
- Heat a frying pan over high heat, season the rump steak and rub with a dash of olive oil. Fry the steak for about 5 minutes per side, or longer if you prefer your steak more well done. Set aside to rest for about 10 minutes, then slice into strips.
- Mix the diced apple and red onion together, add the lemon zest and juice, and season to taste.
- Place the steak slices on a serving platter and garnish with the apple and red onion salsa.
For the Orange and Avo Salad:
- Combine all ingredients and dress with your favourite salad dressing.
- Serve the steak strips with salsa alongside the orange & avocado salad.
Credit: Food Lover's Market
- 500g Food Lover’s Signature Rump Steak
- 2 apples of your choice, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Orange and Avocado Salad:
- 300g mixed baby salad leaves
- 3 oranges, peeled and cubed
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Salad dressing of your choice
Prep: 20 min
Cooking: 15 min
Ready In: 35 min
Servings: 4 people
Tips & Tricks