Back to top Other
Gourmet Boerewors Rolls
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/390°F.
- Place the vine tomatoes in a baking tray, drizzle over olive oil, lightly sprinkle with Spanish smoked paprika and salt, garlic, thyme sprigs and crumble the feta cheese over the top.
- Roast in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or until the tomato skins are starting to blister and feta is caramelising.
- In the meantime, braai the boerewors for 5 to 8 minutes over gentle coals, turning 3 to 5 times until the meat is cooked to medium and is still juicy.
- Allow the boerewors to rest for 2 minutes before equally dividing it into 4 pieces.
- Slice the baguette into 4 pieces, then slice down the top centre of each piece of baguette, opening them up to make space for the toppings.
- Spread mustard onto the inside of the sliced baguettes, place the juicy boerewors into each roll and top with spoonfuls of the smoky roasted tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the toasted pine nuts over the top of each boerewors roll, garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve with lots of serviettes.