Back to top
- Heat a large frying pan over a low to medium heat and cook the boerewors for 8 to 10 minutes on each side turning 3 to 5 times until the meat is cooked through and is still juicy.
- In the meantime, sieve the flour, maize meal, sugar, salt and pepper into a medium size bowl.
- Stir in the eggs and milk until well combined. Set aside until needed.
- Allow the boerewors to rest for 2 minutes before equally dividing it into 8 pieces.
- Thread the boerewors pieces onto skewers.
- Heat enough oil in a saucepan to deep-fry the entire length of the boerewors skewers.
- Roll each boerewors skewer in batter until well coated and fry in batches until golden brown. Cooking time will depend on the temperature of the oil.
- Place on paper towels to drain the excess oil and serve with suggested dipping sauces or sauces of your choice.